TOXIC SOIL BUSTERS
People get sick for a reason. One of those reasons are lead paints. Banned in the 70’s, they are still present all over the US, in rich and poor neighbourhoods. Wash-off impacts soils, the grass the kids play on, the foods people grow, with bad effects on bones and brains. Change came with Toxic Soil Busters, youth like Asa, providing free soil analysis and consultation. Asa and friends have cleaned over 40 yards, replacing contaminated soils, bringing in clean Earth, safe for growing veggies, and the kids to play on. They have been helping dozens of children, as well as educated thousands of people to do the same. As people are taking their fate back in their own hands, ripple effects are being felt throughout the community. Asa’s poignant speeches on environmental and economic justice are something to learn from!
[ COMMUNITY ]
AGE : 15
- DO IT 60%
- REACH 60%
- EFFECTS 60%
- RISK 30%
This one is going to be hot! It’ll be about research in local hoods and then taking this model bigger by cleansing our schools and hoods also from non-tangible toxic doom and gloom, like zombie people, bullies, and turning fun and food deserts into edible landscapes, serving also as learnscapes for schools, youth clubs, organizations and business, and recultivate vibrant communities!
TOXIC MOOD BUSTERS! Yeah!
LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE / SOCIAL EXPERIMENT : TOXIC MOOD BUSTERS
This is gonna rock. It’ll include
- no swear week
- no bullying
- no harassment
- no nasty teachers
- no zombie people in streets
- no bad vibe music
- no bad vibe films
to enliven our spirit and see how awesome we can be
including learning from indigenous cultures that have no imperative, DON’T KNOW SAD MUSIC etc
and busting the newspapers with happy shining youth
thereby eradicating negative youth image also!
People won’t want to go back to doom and gloom after this one!
UN Action Days
- Day of Youth
- Youth Skills
- Science for Development
- Mental Health
Also take on cleaning from other toxic stuff like
- doom and gloom!
- … no space to play
- … sad, boring people who dont greet and make kids silent zombies also
- … danger and bullying
- take the example bigger : gardens and play
- create adventure playgrounds
- create beauty!
- create edible landscapes
- schoolyards, whole program for play and learnscapes
- parks, make them way more awesome
- and INVOLVE CHILDREN in the design and vision process
- FACILITATE THAT THEY BRING UP IDEAS
- and them make them real by the TEENS
- and adults make sure they have the reosurces, permits and time to do so
- and teachers observe, learn, create the required framework for use in education (for using schoolgrunds, parks and streets as learnscapes)