- for worldview change to Youth We Can and The Solutions Exist; otherwise, people stay stuck in the Muggle world, stick to unsustainable habits and apathy. This makes all the difference.
- reach them
- train and empower them
- have a conversation and decide on which future we want to create, live in and pass on to future generations
- Powerful presentations for inspiring entire groups; for collective worldview change, shared inspiration and enthusiasm
- Sparking student clubs – that take action with the featured changemakers – with a wide scope of actions
- Student-powered poster exhibits in classrooms and school halls; for constant presence and “stage” for student clubs
- which alternate monthly, aligned with UNITED NATIONS Days; for connecting with local organizations and media
- Live on Skype sessions with changemakers; for boosting inspiration
- Strong media work on social and news media; for extended omni-presence, knowledge and spirit transfer
- Live on Skype sessions
- Student club community
- Leadership program; CG RISING
- Win-Win benefits
- Training for student leaders and teachers
- Citizen Volunteer community; YL Chapters
- Consultation for school development
- Coooperation with changemakers and organizations
- Participation in campaigns
- Participation in events, conferences, summer camps
All our media, methods and services can be handled (best) by students – because
- teachers are buzy
- we have the Superpowers of Young People at school
- it’s our young generation that has to do the work anyway
- it’s more fun and more epic 😉
- to assemble all teachers of their class
- to each include 2 YL items per year; of 10+ minutes; this can be using our stories, student presentations, skype sessions, projects…
- = with 10 subjects, this makes 20 sessions; in a school year of 40 weeks, this makes youth leadership part of life twice a month; for teenage students, every second week feels like “all the time”.
This is very important, since it changes the perception of “changing the world” from a “fringe hobby of a few” to “normal evident part of life and society”. This is simple and advocated by all curricula and progressive education campaigns, but yet unachieved. Our media, methods and services make it possible …
- in simple steps
- without stress on teaching time, finance or training
- upgrading units with inspirational, high quality authentic media and contributions by students
- with benefits for learning culture as a whole
We are up to shape history and civilization. Make sure to play this to the fullest!
- The purpose of schooling is to qualify the young generation to become active citizens in a libertarian democratic society; today, this society also has to be sustainable, in a global, peacefully collaborating family of nations.
- Conventional schools have been incapable of conveying these vital skills; obviously; that’s why our parent generations are completely incompetent in any domain of sustainability, media and democracy literacy, personal and collective health, peacemaking, finance, economy, community, ecosystem stewardship etc.
- All curricula, the UN, UNESCO etc. put awareness of global issues and the competence of creating a sustainable society at the centre, and still, – teacher training, text books, methods and learning culture are outdated.
- Youth leadership at schools, and schools of awesome EXIST, with tremendous impact on lowering violence and bullying, improving academic performance, life skills and post-graduate careers … and are showered with awards; their graduates appear like a different species.
We – as a global generation of 1.4 billion – have all the right to the same results, skills and success in life as up-to-date schools living up to the sound demands and guidelines of our governments.
First of all, let’s see what has made the UN and ministries of education shift the focus on skills of creating sustainable societies?
The global trends are leading to global civilizational collapse in ten, twenty, thirty years. But the solutions exist in abundance! This is why we have no time to wait. We can and need to turn the course and make the shift in five, ten, fifteen years.
This is the reason behind the curricula asking for nurturing the competence of creating sustainable societies, “also in opposition of the status quo” (On Global Citizenship Education, in The United Nations Secretary General’s Education First Initiative); this is intense and serious! Likewise is the need for a new learning culture: serious changes! Like really serious!
The future of all species and future generations depend on the people that are alive right now.
Enabling our generation to be active citizens means qualifying us with the skill set of inhabitants and stewards of a global, peaceful, just, thriving and sustainable civilization. This civilization is our necessary goal. And we first of all have to achieve it – to create it – in face of today’s rigid opposition, hostility and apathy … and this requires true “hero skills”, as displayed by the finest youth leaders and visionary changemakers of our time. And unless we (all) have those skills, we cannot achieve it. But we have to! “Think of it. We are blessed with technology that would be indescribable to our forefathers. We have the wherewithal, the know-it-all to feed everybody, clothe everybody, and give every human on Earth a chance. We know now what we could never have known before — that we now have the option for all humanity to make it successfully on this planet in this lifetime. Whether it is to be Utopia or Oblivion will be a touch-and-go relay race right up to the final moment. “
R. Buckminster Fuller, Critical Path, 1980
THIS is the challenge of our time – as a generation, as a society – and for our school systems!!!
This is as dramatic as it is the simple, bare truth. Because it requires us to become entirely different from our parents. And it requires our parents and teachers to learn to act different really fast and support us like no one before. Here is what Hermione has to say about it: “We, the empathic youth with a passion for global issues for people and planet, are the new social entrepreneurs and cultural creatives, the ones who are going to fix society’s inherited problems. If the majority of youth does not care, lacks empathy,… then we, the few, must be regarded like the “new highly gifted” – and be granted the same as gifted ball dribblers, musicians and chess players: The time and space for learning and practicing changemaking skills, for planning and implementing projects,
- oriented at humanity’s finest role models (in sports the world’s superstars, in music, superstars like Mozart, The Beatles…), this means not local soup kitchen and volunteering for cleaning a park but the world’s most awesome super hero youth leaders, social entrepreneurs and visionary creatives.
- in partnership with “outer school experts” (usually sports clubs, music schools) : real changemakers, the YOUTH-LEADER community
- “performing” at school and in public space, with benefits for people and planet
- generating media presence, demand as speakers at other schools etc.
so that we learn to live, feel, think and evoke changes no less than our most famous and formidable Youth Leader peers.
These “new highly gifted” Youth Leaders are the best imaginable role models for their peers and quickly grow into the role of “assistant teachers” – contributing quality contributions to units, subjects, extracurricular activities and learning culture as a whole. As long as school is not able to nurture the skill set of inhabitants, stewards and co-creators of a global, peaceful, just, thriving and sustainable civilization in formal classroom settings (which cannot be done anyway), we demand the right to student-powered Informal Sustainability Learning Environments ISLEs.
Learn your Magical Spells well.
1. CREATE OMNI-PRESENCE
2. SUSTAIN YEAR-ROUND ACTION
3. OFFER FAVORITE CAUSES & ACTIVITIES FOR EVERYBODY
4. DO STRONG MEDIA WORK
5. ALIGN ACTIONS WITH UN DAYS - FOR PARTNERSHIPS
6. ADD MUSIC, ARTS, CULTURE AND SACRED PRACTICE
7. COMBINE PERSONAL + IDEALIST + PROFESSIONAL BENEFITS
8. NEVER EVER STOP
Daily Macro Community
Good Public Status
Good Media Image
Great Donor Support
Win Win Benefits
- teachers – for making contributions to units
- local organizations – for presentations at school, presenting at events, mobilizing them for replicating model solutions
- media – for upgrading their articles with model solutions, hero role models and action opportunities
- passionate youth leaders; like you(!)
- distribution of our media sets to schools
- organization of trainings, workshops and camps